SHUT UP

What would you do if your 3yr old told your husband I LOVE YOU DADDY and he told her to shut up and leave him alone. He even does this to our 20 month old, always screams at them to shut up and leave him alone. When he is playing that D$#& world of Warraft.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:19 PM on Dec. 24, 2008 in Relationships

• 1st I would tell my baby that her daddy is having a really bad day so you go play for a little while, then I would politely close the door, go get directly in front of him and ask him just who the Hell does he think he is, another baby snatch his gaming system and STOMP the shit out of it jump up and down on it until get every game disc he has open the window and sail them like frisbies.Get nose to nose and tell him he NOBODY treats your babies bad and he had better march his ass into the room the kids were in and hug and kiss his babies and tell them he is sorry he was rude! And start being a dad or you can and will be leaving his sorry ass! It wouldn't happen but that one time if it was me. Your kids have no one but you to defend them so set him straight before it gets out of hand! The more he can do to you and the kids the more shit he will pull! I'm furious just reading your question!
    1countrygal

Answer by 1countrygal at 9:46 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• i'd kick his ass-but that's just me!
    pinkclover

Answer by pinkclover at 9:21 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• oh oh oh. Oh my. This is very wrong. Pick a quiet time, when he is not playing his game, and talk to him about how children listen and that they'll remember this kind of talk from him. He must hate it when they interrupt his game, so keep them out of the room when he is playing so that they won't interrupt him and be subjected to this poorly chosen language. It is understandable that he'd be short with them if they continually interrupt him. Express your understanding of this, and find an alternative way that he can get them to let him play in peace. Keeping them out of the room, or something more gentle. Calling you to remove them, even.

Answer by Bmat at 9:24 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• ohhh hed never play it again. i'd be SO so so so angry
    Sandiii

Answer by Sandiii at 9:25 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• i would be telling him that he needs to put the video game down and be a dad!!!!!!! your poor childred!!!!!! my boyfriend isnt the father of my kids and when they say "i love you dave" he drops whatever he is doing to give them a hug and say i love you too
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 9:26 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• i would be so ticked i would break his dumb game and tell him he needs to pay attention to his kids
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 9:29 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• Record it, and make a copy. Leave him one copy with a note telling him this is why the kids and I are gone. Lose the damn game or forget about being a dad, cause you sure aren't one now. THEN if things didn't change immediately I'd use the copy I kept in a divorce case.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 9:33 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• Yes but he plays the game all day long, when he gets off of work tlll he goes to bed, he has stop eating with us at the table just so he can play his game. He plays in peace but the 3yr old cries when he tells her to shut up, she will only go back there twice to say it and he tells her that, but he can talk to the people online just fine, He has even ignored them when he walks in the door from work, he will be on his damn cell phone and she will say hey daddy and he will walk past her and close the bedroom door. His way of making up for it later on is to buy them stuff and give it to them

Anonymous

• I would turn off the game by either turning off the tv or unplugging the computer. Then I would fight tooth and nail about how horrible and wrong that is and how ashamed he should be. After that I would probably tell him that he needs to leave until he chooses to make his daughter more important than a game. As I was helping him pack his crud I would keep saying shame on you shame on you shame on you. I would be that pissed. Your daughter must have been crushed.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 9:41 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• Get rid of that damn game and if he still wants to beangry stupid get rid of his dumb ass! I would call him if I had his number and tell him what a sorry bastard he is and he doesn't deserve a good woman or his wonderful kids!!!!!!

1countrygal

Answer by 1countrygal at 9:52 PM on Dec. 24, 2008