did you ever/have your kids ever...

Did you ever catch your parents "doing Santa"? or

Have your kids caught you "doing Santa" yet?

I sometimes wonder how my parents managed to keep me in my room all night long LOL!

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 9:39 PM on Dec. 24, 2008 in Holidays

• My son was 7 and my daughter had just turned 4 - My son wanted to know if Santa was "real", my 4 year turned to him and said.. "no you dumb dork, he's just some guy in a suit at the mall"
    The boy cried and cried, and she thought it was funny.
    So we made Santa up really big that year. Now she's 10 - and she still believes in Santa. But that was the last year for him.
    I think she just wanted him to cry.
    4xmommy2008

Answer by 4xmommy2008 at 10:08 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• nope my kids sleep like the dead! lol
    lonelymommyof2

Answer by lonelymommyof2 at 9:40 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• No to both. However, when I was little I found out there was no Easter Bunny quite by accident. My mom thought I knew there was no Easter Bunny, she brought out the candy and started making baskets... I was in shock.. I remember crying for hours that night.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 9:59 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• I caught them when I was 7
    sweetdragoness

Answer by sweetdragoness at 10:01 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• i haven't been caught yet ,but every christmas i get so nervous like i'm going to get caught and be in trouble
    lilybug524

Answer by lilybug524 at 10:07 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• I never actually caught them, but I kind of did one year when I was 5. My mom always told us that Santa filled our stockings. And one day I walked into my mom's room and she had a box filled with toys and stuff, I saw this bear on top of the pile. I was hurried out of the room. But Christmas morning that bear was in my stocking, so I realized that mom and dad were Santa Claus.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 10:12 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• My son is 5 and I'm pretty sure he just believes in Santa for the loot. A couple of wks. ago I had to send him to his room b/c he asked how Santa could be in 2 places at once and when I told him he had helpers he told me to cut the crap...Santa's helpers were elves. I had to send him to his room b/c I almost died of laughter on the inside...I don't condone bad words but that response was totally unexpected so if he caught us I don't think that he'd care.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 10:53 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• I busted my Mom putting out presents when I was 7, in fact 5 of us kids busted her. She was so dumbfounded that she let us open our gifts right then and there. She tried to lie but we told her we saw her climbing down from the attic with the same kind of wrapping paper as the one that said to so and so from santa.

Although my almost 13 yr old niece says she still believes, I think she's pulling our chain to enteratin us and to get that extra special gift! If she truly believes we're screwed!!! LOL
    JadesMom1008

Answer by JadesMom1008 at 12:51 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• all of my kid still believe in Santa 12,11,9, and 7 year olds : ) and i still have yet to be caught
    koolest_mom_of4

Answer by koolest_mom_of4 at 2:26 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• micrespo: "cut the crap"......

LMAO!! OMG I would have lost it!!

I tell my kids that they have to use the potty b/4 bed and not come out in the morning until I get them up. I tell them that if they "catch Santa" he won't bring them presents ever again......it still works.

I grew up never believing in Santa. I think it is sad of parents to take the magic and wonder and hope away from children. Especially the younger ones.

Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 3:47 AM on Dec. 25, 2008