• In the Spotlight:

Are you receiving or giving?

I have bought about 20 gifts (mostly for those less fortunate than me) I am getting to open one tomorrow morning. But I feel good!

evelyngayle

Asked by evelyngayle at 10:09 PM on Dec. 24, 2008 in Just for Fun

• WOW i was thinkin of a WHOLD diffrent question description LOL ; ) *wink* but i am "GIVING" x2 but you are AWESOME for giving. better to give than to recieve right? Merry X-MAs!
    TN-FOOR

Answer by TN-FOOR at 4:58 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• I'm giving the world a baby, that's the best I can do haha.

I've received one or two things...like food and stuff, but nothing that could really count as a "gift" I suppose. I think I'm getting another SD card for my camera and maybe some money tomorrow : /
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:11 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• Giving is so much better than receiving. Don't get me wrong, getting gifts is nice, but I just love the look on everyone's face when they open their gift. Can't wait til tomorrow when my mom opens her gift. She's been wanting a family portrait for YEARS and we finally got one for her. She's going to just love it.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 10:15 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• We just got gifts for our kids this year. Everyone else (including us) got left out.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:43 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• Giving mostly. I think that the "presents" part of Christmas is for the kids. My SO and I don't do anything for each other and it is actually a gift in itself to not have to figure out what he would want! I got a gift card and an outfit for the baby I'm due to have anytime now from my grandma, I will probably get something from my parents, but other than that, nothing much.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:47 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• I love giving gifts. I love watching the faces(esp. the kids) as they open them up. Makes my heart happy.

Im getting absolutely nothing this year. DH wasnt gonna get anything either(money's tight so extra went for our kiddos) but I decided to do coupon books for him via construction paper and thread LOL. One from me that is adult oriented and the other from our boys that is hugs/kisses/drawing daddy pictures oriented. :)
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 10:50 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• I did the same thing Cait is doing six months ago. I gave the world a baby. But I am getting presents too. ;-D
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 11:48 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• I am doing both. I bought DH a beautiful bracelet with diamonds in it . . . gorgeous. I only asked for small gifts this year, because I never buy myself anything . . . so I got two pairs of boots, a big fat curling iron for bumping the bottom of my hair when I flat iron it and the Sex and the City Series . . all of them!! So I am excited . . he LOVED his bracelet . . at first I was worried because I thought he wanted a pool table or a Nintendo Wii . . . but they were hard to find. I got my sister a beautiful pair of satin pjs and a satin night gown and also a pretty purse . . she never buys these types of things for herself. And the kids . . .I LOVE buying presents for the kids!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:00 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• Giving. I got all the gifts I will get today...from the kids. I got a red plastic ornament from my 6yo. A pen from my 7yo and a little plaque from my 8yo.
    No one else got me anything...pretty normal. I don't expect gifts on holidays or other special occasions (like my birthday which was a week and a half ago...I got nothing). I don't even expect to be acknowledged on those days in my house. No one really cares.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:14 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• I don't expect gifts on holidays or other special occasions (like my birthday which was a week and a half ago...I got nothing). I don't even expect to be acknowledged on those days in my house. No one really cares.

WOW.

I have tears in my eyes - no one should allow themselves to be treated like that.

Why would you want to live that way?

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 4:00 AM on Dec. 25, 2008