Christmas

Does anyone else feel like it's not christmas?

carolinagirl820

Asked by carolinagirl820 at 10:35 PM on Dec. 24, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Ugh I'll be the first one to agree with you. I'm being induced Friday, so of course I'm not concerned at all about this holiday. It makes me feel kind of bad...all the magic that used to be in Christmas when I was a kid is gone this year, but whatever. I have bigger things to worry about right now : /

It does make me happy that some people are having good Christmases though. As long as SOMEONE is having fun, it's all good.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:39 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• I hasn't to an extent because it has been a really tight Christmas. I wasn't able to give as much as I normally do.
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 10:39 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• I feel that way...this year has been a very difficult one for many people ..but hey....MERRY CHRISTMAS and try to make the best of it..especially if you have kid...:)
    surpriseat41

Answer by surpriseat41 at 10:42 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• A bit yes. It just seemed to drag to this point and now in a blink it will be gone.

Kinda feel like, big whoop...what was the point.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 10:51 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• Not really here in Southeast Texas....Warmer up and STILL rainy and gloomy. It has rained off and on, and no real sun for over a week.....But, my daughter is excited...That is what matters. And then off EARLY in the morning to head to my Mom's. Christmas isn't Christmas without your family.
    heavenschild99

Answer by heavenschild99 at 10:59 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• We are talking about this being the last year we do traditional. There are no santa gifts under my tree though.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 1:20 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• We're enjoying our Christmas so far. There is snow on the ground and my kids just opened up their presents from Santa. Now it's on to preparing dinner.

Hope all of your Christmases "perks up". Have a great one. Peace a love all around!!
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 9:47 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• Inducing labor ! I wish that was not happening to you! ... are you, like weeks overdue or something? I mean, sometimes there is a problem that calls for interference, I suppose, but gosh that's hard. If you could wait until your baby was actually ready to be born and initiated labor, then your body would probably have an easier time of it - and so would your little baby. It will be interesting for you having a birthday to celebrate the day after Christmas - and for the child to grow up that way. ... All the best wishes for a wonderful welcoming of a new light into the world, and into your arms.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 12:31 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• Yes. My kids got sick and I'm sure to be next.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 4:18 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• We don't Celebrate Christmas but we do have what we call Family Day on our Wedding Anniversary which was Dec 14th, we give gifts to our children in Celebration of them being part of our family, Something of God's Creation, we have a dinner with everyones favorite things to eat, we talk about our memories of the kids as they were growing up and look at pictures,
    Also, I buy things through out the year and hide them until that time. our kids love it!!!
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 5:54 PM on Dec. 25, 2008