So confused...?

I have been reading about how to get pregnant all day and now my mind is spinning... Im sure these questions are going to sound dumb but i need some help.
1. A few days after i start my period i stop for a day...what does this mean?
2. If i am over weight does my chances of getting pregnant go down?
3. If i have sex every night should my chances of getting pregnant be higher or lower because my husbands sperm count lessens when he has sex alot??
4. Would proping my hips up after sex make the chances of getting pregnant better?

I really want to get pregnant soon please help....i just started my period...i need all the help i can get THANKS

mom2girliegirls

Asked by mom2girliegirls at 4:33 PM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Health

• 1. my period does that same thing, 2 days on, one day totally off, then 2 more days on. I always thought it was weird too, but my dr. says everyone's is different, and NOPE, it doesn't affect your chances of not getting preggo.
    2. If you are obese, yes, your chances of getting pregnant aren't as great, but it doesn't mean you can't. Here's a website telling you why: http://www.pregnancy.org/article.php?sid=1238
    3. it's not how often you have sex, but if your having it at the right time, when you ovulate. You need to find out when your ovulating (look up on google about when you ovulate and what signs to looks for in your cervical mucus, and you can usually find a calendar to help you track your ovulation online too), you can also buy an ovulation kit at the store if it seems too confusing.
    4. Yes. It could help. It could help to just lay down for a few minutes aftewards to let nature do it's thing! :)
    aschwer

Answer by aschwer at 5:10 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I agree with aschwer...Adding to the pillow under your hips....Yes it does help...I'm trying to get pregnant 2 and have found that alot of websites say to do that unless you have a tilted uterus that's tilted back then you should do it doggy style (not to be so graphic. But laying down for 15 to 30 minutes with your hips titled will get gravity going in the right direction for the sperm...good luck!
    love_my_boys

Answer by love_my_boys at 6:38 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• just a little tid bit of info....sperm only lives for 72 hours...so sex everyday unless you just want it that much is overkill
    ajjc775

Answer by ajjc775 at 11:53 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Do a Google search for "Natural Family Planning." It will answer all of your questions about ovulation and when to conceive. Also, the book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" is amazing. It teaches you everything you need to know and can be used to either get pregnant, or prevent pregnancy without drugs, etc.

I used this book when I was TTC, and because I was so educated, I knew exactly what my problem was and could ask the Dr. more specific questions. I wasn't ovulating and I knew it. He gave me some progesterone, and I was preggo 3 weeks later!
    Violin_Mom

Answer by Violin_Mom at 9:20 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• If you are extremely over weight that yes that does lower your chances of becoming pregnant.
    And having sex every day does not give his sperm enough time to build back up. Try having sex every other day!
    the best method that I found was to forget about it and just enjoy it, and then when you least expect you it happens!! Good luck!
    MrsJ05

Answer by MrsJ05 at 9:57 AM on Jul. 19, 2008