How can you have a fun raiser and get good response from it?

Ok here's the deal. I have sold everything of value I have to pay utilities, rent , food ect. and have never ever had to ask anyone for help. I have to much to receive any kind of assistance by $41.00 I am under the poverty level but can't qualify for anything. I have three kids to raise and need to either have a fund raiser or any ideas would be appreciated! We didn't do Christmas this year obviously and I feel like an utter failure. I always worked and provided for my kids, but after losing my job I just can't get back on my feet. Send anything you can think of? I am not educated past High School so ??? I need ideas!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 PM on Dec. 24, 2008 in Money & Work

• Check with the church groups in your area...they'll be your best bet.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:38 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• if you are a single mother try first going back to school... you should be able to receive finacial aid for that. They almost always help out single moms. :). But obviously that's a long term plan. As far as temporary things, I'm not really sure. gdiamante has a good idea about that... I'm kinda in the same situation... I'm going back to school in the spring, but as of right now... I am getting money basically by cleaning house, or doing chores for family members.... I have 3 that are disabled, and they save money, and i get what I need to help support my daughter.
    Anonymous