From your experience where is the best place to meet decent men?

From life experiences how or where is the best way to meet good quality family oriented men over 40 most of the set ups I have been pretty sad. People automatically consider you desperate and anything will do! I want to be able to help my single friends that are having this promblem! LOL!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 PM on Dec. 24, 2008 in Relationships

• Well I have been a single mom over 5 years so I thought I would chime in here. I have dated and kissed a LOT of frogs. I don't smoke, don't drink much at all (like 2 times a year) so a bar is out for me. I wouldnt want a forever guy I had met there anyways....sorry just not me. I am active in church, no guys there my age single.......so I have started looking online, never paid to join any dating sites....there are TOO many free ones! I am actually going out tonite with a guy I have been talking to for 8 weeks now. Taking things VERY Slowly..don't introduce anybody to my daughter for a good while until I see they are a good quality person. He is fine with my rules and Very respectful so far so thats great. Time will tell though. Feel free to send me a private message and I will tell you all the free 'networking' sites out there. Good luck!!
    shebearncub

Answer by shebearncub at 6:31 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• If you're a single parent, I'd join a playgroup thing so that you could find a man that cares enough about his cihld to be a part of things that have to do with the child/raising of the child, like school, sports, church, etc.
    If you don't have children... I'd still pick someone that chooses to be involved with children so that they might be better parenting material.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 11:34 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• That is good advice but my kids are almost out of high school not involved in sports,,so any other ideas?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• Anywhere except through your friends. I actually broke my cardinal rule and met my DH at work.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 12:27 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• I personally, if I were single, would meet good men by (I'm married but have often thought about what it would be like it something happend to my husband what would I do to get out there again. I mean, I met my husband in high school) doing the following:
    e-harmoney: I would most likely not want to full with crap and would be looking for a serious connection.
    my local church (I'm very libral and go to a like-minded church so we would have things in common)
    grocery store: You never know what you could get at the market
    Child's school: hey other single parents....they understand.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 1:02 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• cont...Also college campus. For the professors not the students. I would joing local clubs to get more out there with interests that I have a passion for. I admit my standards of a good man are very high: must be an intellectual, must have several college degrees ( I do so I want someone who is on my level), must be like-minded politically, must have his own home, stable credit, and able to support himself (I'm not supporting him) and be very independent. Also healthy, in good shape, and physically I must find him attractive. Lucky for me I don't have to worry about that now.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 1:05 AM on Dec. 25, 2008