Does anyone @Cafemom know of GOOD non-sales type jobs for disabled mom?

Spinal/back diease has prevented me from being able to maintain a traditional job,I have tried to find grants to start a homebased business, I am all out of options does anyone know what I could do? I am not lazy at all, but I do live out in the country away from any major city. :(

Asked by Anonymous at 11:15 PM on Dec. 24, 2008 in Money & Work

• I found some excellent resources at

Answer by pupmom at 12:01 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• Search for Free Lance Jobs there is a growing demand for Blogger, Editors, Online Tutors, Virtural Assistance, Customer Service Call Centers and more. You can also contact your County Human Resources.

Answer by simonesimone at 4:13 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• can you type? look up "medical transcriptionist" (sp)

Answer by hill_star03 at 6:39 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• I have an idea for you. Since we can advertise, please feel free to pm me & I'll give you a link.

Answer by sandymcu at 9:51 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• your best bet, i think would try some online classes, there are many programs on them for disabled people, and grants, etc. My aunt works at home because she is going blind. She does accounting all on her PC. The computer reads her what is on the screen etc. When she was first diagnosted she went online to see what options she had. Keep looking. I'm sure you will find something you like. good luck.

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:06 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• You may find something of  interest here:

I have several resources listed for legitimate home businesses, freelance work, and telecommuting jobs.

Answer by nuwave06 at 9:37 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Would you like to receive a check for $800 next month? I have a compressed fracture in my L4 vertibrae, so there are not many jobs that I can maintain for long.  I have found a wonderful team that allows me to stay home where I can safely take care of my children.  Send me a message or Visit my site and Start LOVING what YOU do too!

Answer by mrssfoster at 10:58 PM on Jan. 1, 2009