Do any of you ladies know of a REAL Phlilathropists?

It seems the more money a person has the less giving they are, and yet the regular old work every day person would give to a complete stranger, I have lost faith in the human race almost! Share your experience or someone you know of that is truly a loving giving person.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 PM on Dec. 24, 2008 in Just for Fun

• You're right about the more they have, the less they give. Sadly, no, I don't know any philanthropists.. but I'd be happy to give if I had some to spare!

anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 11:39 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• Yes, I do...CM's very own Lyndelou. She does so much for others.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 12:58 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• Yes, I do but they usually keep a low profile.

Two of the Vanderbilt brothers or cousins. My mother worked for one for a short time while we were between cities, long ago. Then, I visited the Vanderbilt mansion in Newport, Rhode Island in the 1970s. God says He will richly bless those who give to the "poor, the widow, the orphan, the fatherless and the helpless. " It is why some families get wealthier. God does richly reward all people who give, even if some people do not believe in Him, so they are motivated to keep giving to those who have no other resource in life. It is a lot of fun to give and meet needs.

Also, we have Warren Buffet here in our city. A true philanthropist with such a cheerful spirit and practical advice. I have not talked with him personally but many people do.

Mom401

Mom401

Answer by Mom401 at 2:33 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• My mother is. She is comfortable, but far from rich and she's always giving to other people. She and I spent several hundred dollars helping out several needy families this Christmas.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:26 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• Read this story....this happened about 20 minutes from where I am located. I think it is wonderful.....

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=8133941&version=13&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 4:07 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• My MIL she gives gives gives and not just objects... watching kids while at work and other things like that. She gives all year round! You can't say you need something without her stopping by with it 20 minutes later.
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 11:12 PM on Dec. 25, 2008