• In the Spotlight:

Is it okay for a mother-in-law to wear a floor length white dress to your wedding?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:37 PM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Relationships

• No way, I would be so offended. Buy her a copy of some etiqutte wedding book or something
    byuqn

Answer by byuqn at 4:44 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Absolutely not... you need to get her a book on proper wedding etiquette.. that is ridiculous. she shouldn't even wear ivory or offwhite.. that is just tacky.. sorry to be so blunt!!!
    CamrynsMom07

Answer by CamrynsMom07 at 4:45 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Uhm, no-- What's wrong with her? She never married & thinks it's ok to outdo the bride? Her time has passed. she can wear white any other day . Furthermore, she will look pretty silly in the eyes of your guest. Make no mistake about it, there will be people commenting especially given the fact that it's long. I think she's starting to stir the pot if u ask me. Good luck in your upcomming event.
    Anonymous

• hell no!
    momof2boys423

Answer by momof2boys423 at 4:52 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Thats Pathetic is she an Imitator or what. No is my answer thats down right disrespectful.
    heavensmom08

Answer by heavensmom08 at 4:55 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I guess I'm the lone on out here, but I wouldn't care as long as it wasn't all fancy and upstaged my dress. All eyes are going to be on you anyway, and if she wants to make that choice, you know, especially from the responses above, that enough people will give her slack about it anyway. It's your day, I wouldn't worry about what everyone else is up to unless it upstages you. Just my opinion.
    aschwer

Answer by aschwer at 5:01 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Everyone knows only the bride wears white to a wedding, but I wouldnt pay her no mind because what she wants is attention.Let her do it because people are going to think she looks stupid.
    JonahsMom1107

Answer by JonahsMom1107 at 5:04 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Heck no!! What is wrong with her?!
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 5:18 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• No I think it would be highly inappropriate for her to wear that. I'd ask her why she feels compelled to try and upstage you and tell her to wear something else.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 5:29 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I didn't know only brides wear white!
    I actually wore a white skirt to a friends wedding a couple months back.....I had no idea!
    Destiny13

Answer by Destiny13 at 5:30 PM on Jul. 14, 2008