My stepdaughters acts like I am a monster with 3 heads?

I have been with my hubby for 5 years and no matter how hard I try to be a good step mom, (I had a witch step mother) they just act like I am the enemy, my hubby treats my kids like they are not even there or couldn't care less about them which makes me mad! I need advice! One is 11 and the other is 15 and I have treated them same as my own.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 PM on Dec. 24, 2008 in Relationships

• You are the "evil stepmother" to them, and if you were an angel from heaven on earth, you still wouldn't be good enough, its the way kids are. They want everything back the way they see it though their rose-tinted glasses. Back when Mommy and Daddy were together and life was perfect. Kids want a scapegoat, and a stepparent is the natural victim. They'll probably grow out of it.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 9:53 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• my hubby treats my kids like they are not even there or couldn't care less about them which makes me mad!

This is the part I'm more concerned about.

Why would you marry someone - or stay married to him - if he was not prepared to be a parent to your children?

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 2:26 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• You've made two mistakes that I see already. First you married a man who you expect to treat your kids like they were his. And second, you treat his kids like they were yours. They're not.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 6:38 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• In my opinion be as good as you can to be to his kids, as for your kids they are your responsibility make sure they know they are loved. No man will treat step kids as good as a mom does. I don't know why but thats just the way it is.
    1countrygal

Answer by 1countrygal at 12:07 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• I think you should focus on the 15 year old, most of it is probably hormones. Try acting like a friend, take her shopping, or something she is into . I think once you break through to the 15 year old that the 11 year old will come around. As far as your kids... I'm not really sure.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:28 PM on Dec. 25, 2008