Any preggos sick of getting called FAT for the holidays???

I had Christmas with the in-laws today (and I expect to be asked a million Q's bc I'm due in the next couple wks). Some lady I don't even know was like "you are the most pregnant-looking pregnant woman I have ever seen". Some others were "concerned" that I was actually EATING....ugh.... They had veggie soup and a fried turkey and would NOT let me eat ANY TURKEY!!! They'd only let me eat the soup...Everyone else was like "That's a BIIIG baby!"
But I am supposed to be on bedrest because I gained 20 lbs of water weight in like 3 days, high BP, lots of swelling, all that crap, and I risk ALL OF THIS to spend the day with these guys...and I just felt like a fatso all day because of how I was getting treated. I explained my situation and no one cared. I don't think I look that bad, but apparently I do look that bad...
Who else is sick of hearing how big they are?

srhmldndo

Asked by srhmldndo at 11:51 PM on Dec. 24, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I teach in a middle school and I was at the choir concert and helping with some of our special needs students. Well I found out later that a parent that subs at our school was talking to another teacher about me. She said...and I quote "I am really worried about Vicki, she has put on a lot of weight." Well the teacher was like "yeah, you are right...I quess being 7.5 months pregnant will do that to a person." I feel your pain and it sucks. Before to long (what, in a couple of weeks) all those remarks will be all worth it when you hold your new beautiful baby. Good Luck hun!

In the words of my husband 'Your not fat, your pregnant."
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 12:55 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• Don't worry about it, you don't look overly big to me. I've seen some women look like they are going to have twins and it's only one small baby. I'm due in a couple of weeks too and I had a lady in walmart say " big baby". I'm like yup he is, my other one was over 8lbs so i'm sure this one will be too. Don't let it get to you!
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 11:59 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• My boyfriend tells me it's cute how big Im getting. But then again im only 20 weeks. Your maybe 38 or 39 weeks?? But Girl dont worry what people say, YOU ARE PREGNANT. You are going to look like it either they appreciate it or not. Your not fat, you have a human being growing inside of you!!! lmao
    Mommy2Be172009

Answer by Mommy2Be172009 at 12:01 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• Thanks guys. But let me just say, all these people are NOT thin...That's what pisses me off the most. They probably all weigh almost 200 or more and they're not pregnant.......But yet I'm the Chubz....
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 12:04 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• OMG! I've got toxemia and I've had several weeks where I have gained a pound a day in water...and yours is worse yet! There is nothing you can do about it and you still need to eat to feed your baby! My fat ass sat and ate half the bacon wrapped water chestnuts at my family party tonight and there was NOBODY with enough balls to comment. If there is a time in your life where you're allowed to look and eat like a pig, its when you're pregnant. People should be telling you to eat instead of not to eat!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 12:06 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• if all those people are fat people that were running their mouths i seriously would've said , "Im pregnant, What's Your excuse?"
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 12:33 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• my brother calls me fat all the time and im only 20 weeks pregnant.
    Katiebears89

Answer by Katiebears89 at 7:42 PM on Dec. 25, 2008