My son is very active I am trying to keep my son happy in activities but they get expensive do anyone know where or what can keep kids happy but not budget buster

giggles25

Asked by giggles25 at 12:06 AM on Dec. 25, 2008 in General Parenting

• If you have a local YMCA, that is an amazing place for kids. And if not than I dont really know, because sports teams are pricey!!
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 12:13 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• Oh the many places we go: The park, the baseball fields and the soccer fields when they are empty and just kick around the ball together, the library, walk around downtown and see the "cool buildings", we spend a lot of time just together having fun and it doesn't cost a dime.
    kirstanbrown

Answer by kirstanbrown at 12:16 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• I guess it depends if you are in a big city, because ours has many public parks and pools in the summer.
    kirstanbrown

Answer by kirstanbrown at 12:17 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• look into 4H. most people think its more of a "farm" family type program, but they have hundreds of programs to get involved into. they try to keep the cost at a minimum, and many have fundraisers every year so that kids dont have to pay any entry fees, etc. sure they have stuff that has to do with farming, cooking, sewing, but they also have archery, shooting sports, electric, and tons of other stuff to get involved in. i say at least look it up.
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 2:23 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• anything that you do WITH them will be appreciated. You could get a piece of paper and draw around thier hands or put a bright light and make silhouettes of your child and cut it out and hang it on the wall or fridge. There are millions of things that you could DO with children. If they are female you could paint thier fingernails, play makeup, dressup, ANYTHING that shows interest in them. I'm full of ideas. pommom335
    POMMOM335

Answer by POMMOM335 at 8:43 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• A lot of times kids that are active all the time are OVER stimulated. They don't have to be doing something structured all the time. I agree with those that mentioned going to the park or a local gym to let him run around and have unorganized play.
    Andrewsmom70

Answer by Andrewsmom70 at 8:44 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• Play hide and go seek, take a walk, run around outside. Kids have to learn to relax too and how to amuse themselves.
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 10:57 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• It would help to know how old he is.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:57 PM on Dec. 26, 2008