What can I do for a bad back when I have to stand at work?

I think it may be arthritis, but I also have sciatica. Is there anything to try?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Dec. 25, 2008 in Health

• Try Anusara yoga. Learn about proper body posture. When we stand for a long time we usually have tendency to put body weight more on one leg then the other, to hunch over, to overarch lower back, and protrude hipbones forward. In Anusara yoga you can learn about the Universal principles of alignment. It will help you a lot.
    Good luck.
    Mamaherbs

Answer by Mamaherbs at 5:32 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• Get arch support insoles for your shoes and if you stand in one spot make your work get you a anti-fatigue mat. Federal Law states that if you stand for more than 4 hours a day they have to supply you with one. Stretch out your back when it starts to ache that helps. GL
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 12:15 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• Could you try some back supports or braces? And maybe get one of the icy hot patches or something like that?
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 12:16 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• I think it's Earth Shoes (?) that the heel is LOWER than the foot - supposed to be great for back pain.

I am sorry - backs are the worst - so ill designed for the modern world.

Best of health for this Christmas!!!
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 2:21 AM on Dec. 25, 2008