Should i be concerned?

I have been having a problem with my hair falling out. It isnt ust a little bit, but my hairbrush can be completely empty and when i brush my hair, it is full to the top of my hair. I'm only 20. Should I be concerned about it? And what can be causing it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Dec. 25, 2008 in Health

• Hair loss can be activated by hormone imbalance due to excessive stress or a thyroid issues. It also can be related to vitamin and mineral deficiencies in your body which more common at winter time. The use of medication can cause this problem too. Do you use or recently used any drugs?
    Mamaherbs

Answer by Mamaherbs at 3:35 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Do you dye your hair at all? Or do you have a history of hair falling out in your family? If you dye your hair that is what could be causing it and I would just stop dying your hair for awhile. If your not doing any damage to your hair and its falling out then you need to talk to a specialist about it.
    Morgan.

Answer by Morgan. at 12:32 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• I did a long time ago, but that is it. As far as I know it doesnt run in my family.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• Yeah I would talk to someone professional about that. On my mosm side of the family she had an aunt that was around 23 when all of her hair just felll out for no reason. I would get it checked out, maybe there is something you can take for it.
    Morgan.

Answer by Morgan. at 12:36 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• How long ago did you have your child? It is normal for you to lose a lot of hair during your child's first year, because you lose so little when you're pregnant.
    tinykelsie

Answer by tinykelsie at 1:21 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• I had her 5 years ago.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:31 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• It could be a thyroid problem or hormone imbalance. talk to your doctor.
    emtmomma08

Answer by emtmomma08 at 7:37 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• Maybe you should look into getting your Thyroid tested?
    mothersdaygift

Answer by mothersdaygift at 11:27 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• It could also be a stress reaction. Have you had a lot of stress or tension lately?
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 11:39 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• hmm if it gets worse maybe you should see a doctor just in case
    akashaismyworld

Answer by akashaismyworld at 7:53 AM on Dec. 26, 2008