water braking -tmi-

wut does it feel like when ur water brakes???

i was going to the bath room not #1

but #2

and all the sudden a bunch of fluid came out from down there it kinda felt like pee but it came out alot harder and alot faster it also had no smell or color
then it normaly does when i pee

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Dec. 25, 2008 in Pregnancy

• sounds like your water broke. can you control it? there is ALOT, and you'll be squirting out water until you have that baby. you need to go to L&D right away.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:40 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• i have not been having contractions or any other sings or labor at all today or with in the past week
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• yeah, I'm guessing you waters broke. When it happened with DD it was like a "pop" as I turned positions in my bed, and then a "gush."
    PROGENITOR

Answer by PROGENITOR at 12:45 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• amniotic fluid tastes sweet, if you are daring enough you can quickly find out if it is pee or amniotic fluid
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• If it stops flowing when you lay down on your left side, then it was just pee. If it continues to trickle or flow no matter what you do, then it's your water. Whether you're having contractions or not does not matter. If your water broke you need to get to L&D asap, honey. Good luck!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 1:11 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• with my second daughter my water broke while I was sleeping and I didnt have contractions either. They didnt even believe me at the hospitral cause I wasn't in pain but my water definetly broke and they had to keep me. hours later my contractions started coming. You should definetly go to the hospital and have them check you. Better safe than sorry! I wish you well and a merry Christmas. :)
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 1:19 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• My water broke with two of my three. Contractions didn't start with the last one till over an hour later. It does sound like your water has broken. I would go to the hospital honey.

BTW, Congratulations!!
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 1:19 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• Personally I would stay at home until contractions start. If you let them check you then the 24 hour rule comes into play and you then have to deliver because of risk of infection. If you do go in don't let them check dilation because that will put the clock on you. As long as baby is fine there is no time limit because baby is constantly making new water.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 1:37 AM on Dec. 25, 2008