Question about temperatures?

I just took my son's temperature because he felt a lot warmer than normal to me. and I took it under his armpit because he wouldnt sit still for it. His temperature was 100.2 f. He has only been sick twice with colds and never had a fever. Is this something I should take him to the hospital for or wait till morning?

BTW my son is 11 1/2 months old

fallenangel7386

Asked by fallenangel7386 at 12:42 AM on Dec. 25, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter has had high fevers due to teething. I just give her tylenol and make sure I keep checking it to se if it goes down. As long as you keep giving him baby tylenol and give him lots to drink he should be fine. It usually takes a day or two for the fever to break. If it isnt any better in the next day or so then he might need checked up.
    Morgan.

Answer by Morgan. at 12:45 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• don't worry about that temp. by the way, did you add a degree since you did under his arm? when my son was 11 months i took him to a hospital cuz he had a fever of 104.5. we sat in the ER for 6 hours, and they just gave him motrin first, and then gave him tylonal. my dh was raising hell, cuz it went up to 104.9. they said they're not worried about it unless it gets up to 106.0. i was livid. guess if my kids get sick i'm on my own around here huh?
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:52 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• okay, thanks :) yah I read that you are supposed to add a degree I just didnt know what to do, since he hasnt ever had a fever. Also the only other experience i have with kids are my nephews and they all were premature and so this kind of temperature they would be in the hospital. Thanks everyone :)
    fallenangel7386

Answer by fallenangel7386 at 12:57 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• A fever is a sign your kid is fighting infection. It is actually a good thing. If my kids are not crying or acting that different, I don't give them the Tylenol during the day. It's better for their body to fight off the infection its own way. I usually only give Tylenol at night when they are sick or if the fever is really high (over 103).
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:50 PM on Dec. 25, 2008