How Can I Get My 6 Week Old Son To Sleep Through The Night Without Wakin Up At 4 am? He Just Started Sleepin From 8 pm To 4 am And I Wanna Get Him To Sleep Later?

Brittany240

Asked by Brittany240 at 4:42 PM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can't, he's only 6 weeks old. He will eventually be able to go longer without feeding and will sleep longer. 8 pm - 4 am is great!
    ad1726

Answer by ad1726 at 4:44 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• 8hrs is good, try keeping him up a lil later, I use to give both of my babys some runny cereal before bed.
    Pghpagirl

Answer by Pghpagirl at 4:54 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Be thankful he's sleeping that long!!! lol. In my house, thats considered through the night.
    barrettboys

Answer by barrettboys at 5:04 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I'm not sure if it'll help, but I let my daughter fall asleep when she wants, and I try to help her stick to the schedule her body makes for herself, and she sleeps 12 or more hours, and she's 4 1/2 months.
    Destiny13

Answer by Destiny13 at 5:28 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Your baby is doing really well! Be thankful and it will improve over time. My son is 11 months old and still wakes at 4 a.m. from time to time to eat. DON'T put him down later like a prior answer said. Stick to your routine - it is obviously working well.
    jacobsmom707

Answer by jacobsmom707 at 6:00 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• yeah...that is sleeping through the night. when my wee man wakes up at 4 or 5 i feed him and he generally goes back to sleep until 7 or 8.
    but, yeah, that is sleeping through the night...and far better than a lot of babies do.
    afeather

Answer by afeather at 6:15 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• You can't. You are very lucky he is already sleeping for that long of a time on his own.
    purvislets

Answer by purvislets at 6:44 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• LOLOLOL..be grateful you get more than 3 hours at a time, mine won't sleep 4 in a row and he's 10 weeks
    Anonymous

• You can't and are very LUCKY to have him sleep from 8pm to 4am. I know you don't feel lucky though.
    Lots of moms will tell you to follow this book or that, that this trick or that one worked wonders for them. Go ahead and try the different tricks. If one of them works for you GREAT! But don't be surprised if none of them do. It's not great parenting, it's not some magic secret, it's the luck of the draw - based entirely on your baby's temperment.

Oh, and my didn't sleep for 7 hours in a row until about 7 months. She didn't sleep from bedtime to morning until 10 months and then only did it ONCE. She started doing it regularly at about 14 months. And yes, I tried every book and every trick that other mothers brag did it for them.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 7:58 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Be thankful that he sleeps that long. My son still got up at 4am when he was one. He didnt sleep more than 2 consecutive hours until he was 3 months old BE THANKFUL!!!!!
    ajjc775

Answer by ajjc775 at 11:50 PM on Jul. 14, 2008