Is it normal to cramp?

I usually call my dr for everything but I figured I'd try here first and get some opinions before I bother her on Christmas. I was due on the 22nd and its now the 25th. Merry Christmas btw! I have been having some cramping that I thought was contractions before my family said that all contractions start in the back and work their way around. This is just in the front. And its periodic. But its uncomfy and sometimes feels like my belly is like stretching I guess you'd say. I am bad at describing my feelings. I also have had diarrhea all day. It finally stopped a few hours ago but I was just wondering if anyone had any tips or comments that could help! Thanks <333

MamaKeetz

Asked by MamaKeetz at 1:03 AM on Dec. 25, 2008 in Pregnancy

• You might be going into labor. I had really bad diarrhea the night I went into labor. I didn't know I was in labor because it just felt like bad menstral cramps to me. And the doctors told me I would be cramping from them checking me. Ha. So keep a close eye on it and if it gets worse maybe you should go to the H.
    Morgan.

Answer by Morgan. at 1:09 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• Well, I know that uterine contractions can cause diarrhea. It's nature's way of cleaning you out so don't "go" on the table. They don't always start in the back. Each woman's labor is different. How far apart are they? It's quite painful, so you will probably know if you are in actual labor. Since you are overdue, I would just go if I had any reason to believe that labor could be in progress. Good Luck . . imagine . . you just may have a Christmas baby!! Good Luck Mama . . may your labor be smooth and quick!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:09 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• It does kind of feel like menstrual cramps! Thanks for the tip! Anything I should be worried about or just play the waiting game?
    MamaKeetz

Answer by MamaKeetz at 1:10 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• thanks for the second answer, I appreciate it!
    MamaKeetz

Answer by MamaKeetz at 1:11 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• omgosh you could definetly go into labor soon. Mine started like that slow and uncomfortable but nothing I couldnt sleep through then as the day progressed I started gettign sharper pains and closer together I mean bad ones. I couldnt even talk because they were that painful. They were 3-4 minutes apart and had to have one before going down the stairs omgosh somethign bad could've happened if I didnt wait for that break and then it was 1-2 minutes and it was unbearable. You should defiently get ready for labor like having your bag ready and everything you need. I wish you a great delivery and a Merry Christmas. OHH walking alot and Iced passion tea from starbucks can make you go into labor quicker. Get it with light ice, no water and sweetend and get a couple there not bad but defiently contract the placenta and it's caffeine free.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 1:15 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• Get you rbags packed and the carseat in the car, cause that baby is gonna come soon!

My labor started at 3am, just like you are describing. It went throughout the whole day like that, just irritating contractions, generally about 15 mins apart, sometimes longer. It wasn't until about 9pm that night (so 18 hours later) that they actually started hurting and it was time to go in. Kaylee was born at 3:46 the next morning...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! (and good luck!!)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:29 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• Welcome to labor my dear. Those are all early signs of labor. If the contractions intensify get in the shower. The shower will slow them down if it isn't time or speed up if it is the real deal. Good luck, it sounds as if your body is working on it.
    luvjulie

Answer by luvjulie at 2:02 AM on Dec. 25, 2008