Scarring from the shots?

Is it normal to get some kinda scarring from the set of shots that they give to the baby? I'm asking because when my daughter had her first set of shots when she was 2 months old...my husband and I noticed that she have some kinda skin discoloration on her thigh where they gave her the shot after a few weeks. We looked and looked all her pictures when she was born and we didn't find that mark on her. I showed and asked her doctor and she just said it's just a birth mark! I'm telling you that I did the full inspection on my child when she was born and that thing was not there!!! Just frustrated...

maudesty

Asked by maudesty at 1:06 AM on Dec. 25, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sounds like a weird reaction to me! My son totally freaked out and screamed for three days when we got his two month shots, and then he stopped making eye contact and smiling too. He's back to normal now - but it made me take the whole vaccine thing a lot more seriously. He only had two at his 4 month appointment, bc I want them spaced out. The more research I do about what is IN vaccines and how they're made, (mercury is still used to make them, aborted fetal tissue, neurotixins, etc.) the more I'm feeling uneasy about it. If you're concerned or curious - you could read Dr. Robert Sear's book, "The Vaccine Book."
    MamaSueCongdon

Answer by MamaSueCongdon at 1:25 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• Sometimes birthmarks are not evident at birth, but develop later.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• Yes, Anon is right. My daughter has a birthmark covering her upper arm, but it did not become apparent until she was around two.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 1:35 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• Agree with Anon. all my kids' birthmarks didn't show up until 4-6 months old. And moles or freckles usually don't show up until 2-5 years old.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:50 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• i didnt get my dd shots. it could be an allergic reation or her body didnt take it the way they should. the drs dont know anything from what ive been thru. keep and eye on it. if it doesnt go away or gets worse, see a dermotologist.
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 1:02 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• Sounds like some sort of weird, adverse reaction to me. I'd look into the adverse reactions to shots before I let her have anymore, if I were you. www.nvic.org www.myspace.com/parentsagainstvax www.thinktwice.com
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 1:00 AM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Thanks you for all your feedbacks! Yeah, I did so much researched after that whole incident. I don't think it's a birth mark because the browning of the area surrounds the spot where they gave her the injection but I could be wrong. I have an appointment next week for her and I was going to go to another doctor to get a second opinion just to play it safe.

Thanks for the book suggestion I will look for it at the bookstore and the link was very helpful. Thanks again!
    maudesty

Answer by maudesty at 8:41 AM on Dec. 29, 2008