How can I get my son to eat different food

Asked by mamaof376 at 2:02 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Food & Drink

• If you prepare it and offer it for the meal, they will eat it.

Answer by Eliza34 at 2:10 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Try new recipes. I'm always getting recipes off the internet & trying them. I've found some of my family's favorites from .

There have been some things I never even liked that I gave a chance with and like now.

If he doesn't like a certain kind of food, make it with something he does like. Instead of steamed broccoli, mix it with mac & cheese. Maybe he will be more open to eating it with something he likes.

Answer by decemberm00n at 2:48 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I'm not sure how old your son is, but I used to pretend for the boy I babysat for that I didn't like the food he didn't like (regardless of whether I did or not) and I would make a deal with him that I would eat it too. It worked for most things.
    The other thing I found worked with him was equal measures. If you eat an icecream scoop full of veggies, you get the same amount of icecream for desert (it was actually low fat frozen yogurt, but he didnt know better!)

Answer by gypsysmiles at 12:44 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• While you are fixing a meal and he's lurking around and absolutely starving, set him out something new to try as a snack while you are working in the kitchen.

Answer by Sarvin4 at 5:56 PM on Jun. 20, 2008