How do you know when to leave the person your with?

I have been living with my baby's daddy for 2 years. We have a little boy together. We fight almost all the time. He said every word come out of my mouth annoy him. We don't sleep on the same bed anymore. I really want this to work out so I tried to change myself and everytime I tried he would push me till I can't take it no more. He disrespect me in front of friends. He doesn't care if I stay or leave. I feel sad most of the time. Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:09 AM on Dec. 25, 2008 in Relationships

• Honey, if you have to ask, it is usually time!! I completely understand wanting to stay together for the kids, but they will be worse off if you stay in a bad relationship. Do you want your children growing up thinking that this is what a healthy relationship looks like? I know it is hard, but really it is better, you can't change someone unless they want to change.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 3:30 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• when you are unhappy...
    read what you wrote...does this sound like a good environment for you child? This isn't going to work no matter how hard you try. There is no point to holding on any more. I am sorry. You deserve better!
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 3:31 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• Don't go changing......

because it never, Never, NEVER works.

Either your "man" (boy) is fundamentally decent or he is not.

Sounds like you are best rid of a bad bargain.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 3:31 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• This is why people should know eachother well before they get married (TALK about things to see if your good for eachother). After they get married they should TALK about having kids. Than when the time is right have a child. If most people did things this way (getting married) problems like this would be rare. i think you should stay dont put this huge void in your childs life for selfish reasons. Life is what you have made it. You made your bed now you must lay in it. Go to counsiling togather or something
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:35 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• It's time to go. He doesnt' want to work out the relationship, what you can do ?
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 11:13 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• I would never want to tell anyone to give up on a relationship especially when their are children involved but unless he is willing to work on the relationship it might be time to leave. Especially if he disrespects you in front of your son. Your son will grow up to think it is okay to do this to you and/or with his girlfriend or wife someday I not saying just up and leave but you need to decide is this how you really ant to live. Are you happy, Is this the environment you want to raise your son in and realistically are things going to change if the answer to the other questions is no?
    3angels

Answer by 3angels at 2:37 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• I was in a similar situation. me and my ex were together for 4 years.he treated me like crap. we gotta 2 year old son together and were married for two years but im thick headed and kept trying and he ended up walking out on me and my son twice because he couldnt handle the pressure of being a husband and a daddy. it was always me that got hurt because i did care and i did want it to work... id say to get out of it now before things get worse, or before one of you end up hurt or before the fighting hurts the baby... Do what will make you and your child happy and dont try to change who you are to fit who he wants you to be... Good luck and hope you have a great Christmas!
    trystons_mommy

Answer by trystons_mommy at 4:30 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• If you are asking this question -you already know the answer so listen to your heart
    AlabamaGrl

Answer by AlabamaGrl at 9:03 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• I let things like that go on for 5 years then I stepped out on my husband...... and now im getting divorced. I found out that my husband had been sleeping with my roomate for over 4 months so yeah... we pretty much are done.
    Anonymous