Do you call people names?

I mean, do you tell people if they are fat or ugly or stupid? I was just wondering if people think that kind of behavior is acceptable. I sure don't. I believe if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything. That isn't to say I wouldn't tell the truth if I was asked. How do you feel? Would you call someone fat?? I find that so beyond impolite it isn't even on the same map.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:18 AM on Dec. 25, 2008 in Just for Fun

• No, I don't call anyone names or ridicule them in any fashion. Its not normal and the people who do this have a problem in their life. I was brought up NOT to hurt people and words leave inside scars no matter how old hou get.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 5:20 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• It isn't ok to call someone names. People do it because they are insecure and dont want people to notice their flaws so they point out other peoples. It is a way to stay in control.
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 3:41 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• if they KNOW your teasing i think its ok but other then that if they dont ask for the truth straight out its NOT ok nor is any other negitory manner
    TN-FOOR

Answer by TN-FOOR at 3:49 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• We have removed at least one answer from this question. Moms are looking for responses from other members that address the question they have asked. Please don't post judgmental answers, they're not appreciated and will be removed by the CafeMom Team.

::The CafeMom Admin Team
    CafeMom Admin

Answer by CafeMom Admin at 6:19 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• I do not think it right to call names. I stick, with the rule, treat others how you want to be treated. If a friend would ask then I would do my best to compassionately answer. If they ask, as an attention getter, then I will choose to ignore. We don't know why a person is in the shape they are in. Although I would that everyone be healthy. I was skinny- got called names. But there was nothing I could have done to look better. Same as some on certain meds, which make people look heavy. I can't believe that an admin. had to remove an anser ! Like you said, times have changed and people take no thought in how their actions effect others, even if they are feeling bad themselves, it really doesn't make them feel better.
    lovewing

Answer by lovewing at 6:32 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• Well, no. But i do call people who tell lies as often as they change their under garment. Excuse me.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 11:12 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• I say things like that when I'm mad about something... but never to their face... its just to my boyfriend to blow of steam really. But it has to be someone who gets on my nevers a lot... which is a very small number of people.
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 11:10 PM on Dec. 25, 2008