did you hear...

Did you hear the story about the unemployed man who spent hundreds of dollars on walmart gift cards and was handing them out to people who he thought needed them at a walmart store and he was kicked out of walmart and banned from it. what the hell is that. someone who was thoughtful enough to put himself out to give back and he was kicked out of walmart

carolinagirl820

Asked by carolinagirl820 at 4:20 AM on Dec. 25, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• OMG! he was kicked out and banned for being NICE? WTF is this world coming to!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:21 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• Thats so sad..Funny story about thaTho'.Since my hubby dont have a job yet he actully had one of those n thats how he got ME X-Mas.
    TN-FOOR

Answer by TN-FOOR at 4:22 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• I saw that too. They said because they just wanted it to be done in a safe manner. I don't know what they mean about that but it's very sad when someone is being so unselfish like that and then to have the cops called to remove him is just crazy.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 4:26 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• Hmmm from someone who does retail...I bet there is more to this story. Gift cards are actually very high theft. People buy them with fake accounts and credit cards and sell them for less then they are worth to get cash. The store is then stuck with chargebacks from credit cards and NSF accounts. Same with store credits. They wouldn't kick him out for giving away gift cards, they would kick him out for approaching other customers and soliciting them. The only way is if someone actually complained or he broke store policy.
    If he wanted to help, there are giving trees. The one at Walmart asks for gift cards.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 4:27 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• Actually that is the story, here is the article......

http://www.wtsp.com/news/watercooler/story.aspx?storyid=96538
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 4:34 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• Wow, sadness. I like how Target stepped in.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 4:37 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• I wish I was in that Wal-Mart when he was giving them out. =)
    How thoughtful of him to do that. Safe? What about the under age girls who dress like sluts and walk around Wal-Mart at night? Why don't they get kicked out and sent home? That's NOT safe.
    I don't know about you all but here in my Wal-Mart I've seen some slutty and I do mean SLUTTY dressed young girls. You'd swear they are trying out for Maxim magazine in Wal-Mart! Then they go and tell this man it's "not safe" Nonsense, I say!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:03 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• The story says "he was interrupting the flow of foot traffic in the store's vestibule."

There's Wal*Mart for ya!! I cannot stand them and I don't go there unless I have no other choice. I love Target and I am so glad they did what they did. That was incredibly generous on their part!!

Bah Humbug Wal*Mart!!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 5:56 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• Wal-Mart is evil.
    CluelessCarrie

Answer by CluelessCarrie at 6:51 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• I hate Walmart and never shop there. I hear they are nasty with their employees and are just a bunch of greedy people, so this story does not surprise me. I'm a Target person and I do shop at Kohl's every once in a while, but I won't set foot in Walmart. If more people would boycott the place, either they'd be forced to change their ways or go under. Oh, and their merchandise is crap, too!
    TeensMom07

Answer by TeensMom07 at 8:56 AM on Dec. 25, 2008