How do I keep the neighbors dogs out of my yard!?

I came home today with my neighbors daughter who is about 30 and their 4 dogs in my yard. All FOUR of the dogs were pooping on my lawn! I was horrified. I keep my one dog off their lawn. The woman did t even make them get off my lawn. They stood their and watched me walk up my sidewalk, then they calmly walked back to their yard and back into their house. I was appalled. I'm not looking to fight with these people, because I have to live next to them but my gosh how rude. What do I do?! I'm not into confrontation so I feel stuck

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 PM on Aug. 15, 2011 in Pets

• Poison Them!!!!

Jk.Jk.Jk. LoL

but maybe asking your neighbors to keep an eye out on their dogs, you don't like them pooping on your yard.
    ArmyWifeJohnari

Answer by ArmyWifeJohnari at 11:20 PM on Aug. 15, 2011

• Put up a small fence.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:21 PM on Aug. 15, 2011

• the best and easiest way is a fence, or hedges that form a fence. something as simple as a picket or a bunch of honeysuckle...
    flowersmama

Answer by flowersmama at 11:22 PM on Aug. 15, 2011

• This is horrible but one of our neighbors kicked another neighbors dog in the head! Crazy and mean but it solved the problem:) The neighbors with the dog put up a fence the following weekend.

If I was in your situation I would just put up a fence. It's spendy but will be worth it for a piece of mind and a yard free from dog poop! Ugh! Some people are so rude and have no respect and others just have to deal with it! I'm sorry....
    Aquarius80

Answer by Aquarius80 at 11:27 PM on Aug. 15, 2011

• Hit them where it hurst the most: the pocketbook. I had some friends that were going through the same thing. Every time their neighbor's dogs came onto their property, they threw a poopie diaper in their garage. When the dogs went into the garage, they closed the door and called the pound. After the neighbors had to pay to get their dogs out, this happened a few times, they started paying attention to where their dogs were. Good luck.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 12:28 AM on Aug. 16, 2011

• Call the pound!
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 5:09 AM on Aug. 16, 2011

• I would call animal control or the cops! I would also shovel up all the poop and toss it back into their yard! lol
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 9:54 AM on Aug. 16, 2011

• Take a picture a of the dogspooping and then a picture of the poop and call animal control. Most cities now have laws against owners lnot cleaning up after their dogs. If they did pick it up and dispose of it, the best you can do is ask them not to allow their dogs to go on your lawn.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:33 PM on Aug. 16, 2011

• do you live in the city limits or suburbs or what? if you live where the houses are closer together I would call you city commissioner other wise call the police department and ask them what they can do; and tell your neighbor she needs to clean up after her dogs or you will be pressing charges. Either that or put up a No Trespassing Sign and then next time you can charge them
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 1:05 PM on Aug. 16, 2011

• may be you should explain that you don't let your own dog poop on your lawn,and could they try to keep the dogs of yours, is their a law ,were dogs have to be on a leash.?
    cocoa132

Answer by cocoa132 at 2:13 PM on Aug. 16, 2011