Worst gift?

I love my dh dearly, but he is a horrible gift giver. One year he spent $600 on a 6 ft tall african teeke man, the thing was scary! I felt horrible, but I had to make him take it back.

So what are the worst gifts you have ever gotten?

Jazak

Asked by Jazak at 4:43 AM on Dec. 25, 2008 in Holidays

• We had a "white elephant" gift exchange one year and at the time my hubby chose the gift. He ALWAYS had to choose the biggest one.....it was a toilet seat! I could have killed him.....and his grandma who thought it was the funniest thing ever. I am not laughing.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 5:59 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• my dryer to stop working,and LICE :( probably not the answer type u were looking foor but...
    TN-FOOR

Answer by TN-FOOR at 4:47 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• My gift was not as bad as the previous answers, but my hubby bought me an expensive gold watch last year. It is very beautiful with diamonds, but it's gold :( I dont own any gold jewelry, never have and this will be the last peice I do own. Gold just isn my color, its always been silver, but occasionally i take it out and wear it, even though it clashes with my silver wedding set
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• HAhahah, i have to laugh on what you have gotten.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 11:07 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• Three years ago...my MIL sent a gift marked to my husband and I.

I was VERY pregnant with our second son at the time.

My husband opened the gift and promptly threw it across the room.

I saw it...a book...a biography of Scott Peterson. You know...the guy who killed his wife when she was 8 months pregnant....
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 3:15 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• I don't think anybody can beat TiccledBlue's answer! My worst was an flimsy, "as seen on TV" electric sweeper! Of course it was from my MIL. I've never kept house clean enough for her. The 2nd worst was "cozy" socks.

peachqpti

Answer by peachqpti at 4:54 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• a doll.. they scare me to soo bad. and when i was 4 my mom got me a "box of coal"... it was really stones from the drive way... I'm still tramatized. lol.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:33 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• Money in an unsigned card.
    I'm sorry, but when a close family member gives my husband and I a sum of money for Christmas in a card at the last minute (they ran into the bedroom and shoved it into a Christmas card when we arrived at their house Christmas day one year) then that shows that we really aren't thought much of at all.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:28 AM on Dec. 26, 2008