I need advice on how to help my 13 year old son on how to deal with his hershprungs disease

Rbunny

Asked by Rbunny at 5:10 AM on Dec. 25, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• Sorry don't know what hershprungs disease is?
    Anonymous

• How exactly do you want to help him? Do you want him to understand it, or..? I would start off by telling him that in life, a lot of people have to deal with certain hurdles. While they are difficult, they will make you stronger. By having this disease, even though it can be serious and it is difficult for him, he is a very strong person for dealing with it as well as he has. There isn't anything he can really do about it, but let him know that he isn't a different person because of it. I am sure he wonders why he has to deal with something that most others don't have to. Hey, if you'd ever like any help with your teen or anything, I have a group called "How to deal with your teenager (support and advice)." It's at: www.cafemom.com/group/howtodealwithyourteen
    Karleyy

Answer by Karleyy at 1:56 PM on Dec. 27, 2008