Belly rings

Has anyone had a pregnancy which resulted in stretchmarks and decided to keep their piercing or re-pierce it after giving birth?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 PM on Dec. 25, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I know people who left them in and got a really bad scare and people who left them in but got the pregnancy belly rings.
    Anonymous

• if your a mom you should not have such things in my opinion. I had one before i was prego. I took it out when i found out i was prego. We wanted to have a child so badly. I feel when your a mother/role model you dont need such things. Time to grow up and not be immature and not do immature things. If you have stretch marks well you shouldent show off your belly . I dont think anyone should show off their belly. Especially moms. A teacher told me something once.
    "Class is something you have or you dont" He also always preached about things such as being a adult and what that means. You are going to do as you want but just think about it deeply first.
    Anonymous

• who said anything about showing off my belly, I think there are alot of moms that have piercings or tattoos in intimate spots and don't walk around naked so everyone can see, (ex. nipple piecings, who ever shows them to random people in public?) since that would be the only way to show it off. I had a piercing when I was pregnant 2yrs ago and I took it out at 4months, I got really bad stretchmarks around my 8th/9th month of pregnancy being that I had an 8lb plus baby and was 41wks 2days when I gave birth. But before when I had the perfect body I had my piercing on and off between 16-19 and I never once weared a midriff top or 2piece bathing suit its not mystyle. That didn't mean I couldn't have the piercing or it was stupid to get b/c I didnt ever show it off to the world. I got it b/c I wanted it. T he reason for my post had to do with 2different moms that I came across
    Anonymous

• one who's belly stretched to its extreme and her skin split and the piecings popped out, and another mom who has her badges of honor that have faded quite nicely,although stil noticable who chose to be confident about her body and still kept her piercing.
    Anonymous

• Ok well I was reading the PP and umm I am a mature mother and I have a nose ring and tounge ring also tattoos.... The piercing's and tattoos I have does not make me less of a mother. If you wanna re-pierce when you have the baby then go ahead.
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 12:51 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• I didn't ask about your opinion or what you think about it. I just wanted hear about moms who kept their piercings or decided to take them out for whatever reasons, and what experience did they have with their piercing healing being that even though I took mines out @4months preggo it still stretched and necer went back down to a dot and it is darker than the rest of my skin.
    Anonymous

• I meant anon:12:36 not PP
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 12:52 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• *Edited
    I didn't ask about your opinion or what you think about it. I just wanted hear about moms who kept their piercings or decided to take them out for whatever reasons, and what experience did they have with their piercing healing being that even though I took mines out @4months preggo it still stretched out and never went back down to a dot size (like an ear piercing)and it is darker than the rest of my skin even the stretchmarks.
    Anonymous

• I meant anon: 12:36 also, sorry if you thought that was directed towards you
    Anonymous

• No Its cool I knew who it was directed to. lol I am just trying to see what this person has to say I think she is so funny.
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 12:57 PM on Dec. 25, 2008