could it be labor???

ok im 31 weeks
and all day iv been having bad back pains in my lower back that comes and goes
my stomic gets hrad for a min or two then goes soft again
my parents say it is nothing but when the pain comes it hurts really bad
iv taken a hot shower it work for like 5 min
i laid on my left side for an hour and drank water
my head also hurts really bad and the baby is not as active as she normal is
i think iv only felt her move like 3 time today not including kicks
like i said my parents think it is nothing so i know they probley wont take me to the l&b unless it get worse
does any one have a clue wut this could be
iv also been feeling really bad pelvic pressur for the past week

19bubbles91

Asked by 19bubbles91 at 1:54 PM on Dec. 25, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It sounds like labor to me. I would time them and then call your doctor.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 2:08 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• Don't let your parents decide when you are in labor. They are a great resource for support but women's bodies can vary differently from generation to generation (although there are are similarities, there sure don't have to be!) I would call your OB. When ever you are in doubt call your OB. A nurse or doctor there will have specific directions and questions for you. They can help you rest more at easy if you are not in labor and they can help you stay prepared if you are in labor. I had bad contractions for 9 days before my second son was born. I went every other day to the OB. I even cried when I was pushing on the big day because I was sure they were going to send me home and tell me to wait :) Every woman's body is different but you deserve the peace of mind of talking to a professional... That's what they get paid for!

CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 2:10 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• i get that too and im 34 wks the pressure is the baby settling in your cervix and the pain is braxton hicks,theyre getting you ready for labor.call your dr and hell tell you if he wants you to come in.
    Jayzwife

Answer by Jayzwife at 1:13 AM on Dec. 26, 2008