Comments/replies/Privacy

I recently changed my profile, deleted my old one. Why then if I set my profile to private or non searchable. People can still read anything I post or reply to and recognize me by something I write. I am not trying to hide, but I don't want to run into some people/There are some people I want to avoid. Why can't we make our replies and such private or annonymous in some groups that are open to any viewer. I wish this could be fixed! LIke when someone searches my username and can see everything I replied to, in the non private groups. but can't see my profile pix.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:00 PM on Dec. 25, 2008 in About CafeMom

• I believe private simply means no additional info is posted other than your username. You cannot have an account on cafe mom and block your replies(accept when u check anon.),and people can still email you. Sorry-it isn't that private. If it was anyone could come on cafe mom and say any vicious thing they wanted or harass people.Maybe cafe mom will have a better answer for you.Merry Christmas!
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 3:08 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• I totally understand your problem. But if you really want privacy, then first off dont join the groups that wont give you this privacy and/or second: dont use the internet. There is no such thing as total privacy on the internet :-/
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:19 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• Privacy only applies to your profile. That and individual widgets that you can set to friends only. You can also set your journals or photos to friends view only. Everything else that you post in the public areas of the site or in public groups will be searchable. Even private group posts are searchable if the group owner has the forum enabled for search. Non members won't be able to see it but they will be able to see the titles and screen name in a search. There is no way really to post anything that no one can search since friends is as private as it gets.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 8:50 PM on Dec. 25, 2008