Is it Murder?

In April of 2008 a local bank was robbed and a 30 pregnant bank teller was shot in the abdomen, she was 5 months. The infants died; she had to name them and bury them. Would you consider it murder even though the babies could not live outside of the womb? If so why isn't it considered murdere during an abortion?

www.theindychannel.com/news/15955036/detail/html

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:09 PM on Dec. 25, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I would consider it murder it was a lving baby and to me about the abortion is murder
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 3:20 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• WOW heavy question!I happen to be 5 months preg and I think I would consider it murder because even tho my son could not live outside the womb...it is still a life I CHOSE to bring into the world.Big question for a small space, merry christmas.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 3:14 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• ITS A HARD QUESTION....IF SOMEONE ELSE TAKES THE LIFE...ITS MURDER...IF A WOMAN TAKES HER UNBORN CHILDS LIFE...ITS ABORTION....SO IF SOMEONE TAKES THEIR OWN LIFE IT SUICIDE....IF SOMEONE KILLS YOU ITS MURDER..ITS HARD TO ANSWER YOU...BECAUSE HOW DOES SOMEONE DETERMINE THAT? THE DIFFERENCE I MEAN? IF SOMEONE MURDERS THEY GO TO PRISON....IF A WOMAN TAKES HER UNBORN CHILDS LIFE ITS SOMETHING SHE HAS TO LIVE WITH FOR THE REST OF HER LIFE...ITS A PRISON WITHIN HERSELF...DOES ANY OF THAT MAKE SENSE? NON OF IT IS RIGHT...BUT WOMAN ARE GIVEN A CHOICE...A LEGAL CHOICE...ITS ALL SAME...ENDING A LIFE IS ENDING A LIFE...
    surpriseat41

Answer by surpriseat41 at 3:21 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• Cha, you know what. It is Christmas and who wants to stir up crap on Christmas Day. Go eat some turkey for God's sake!
    Anonymous

• Merry Christmas to you! That 's all what you thinking today,sad.
    Anonymous

• Wow, Christmas really brings out the abortion arguments! That's jolly.
    I guess, to answer the question, did the robber know he was murdering babies? If not, it would probably be attempted murder of the mother and manslaughter of the babies. That's a pretty complicated question, I suspect one to cause drama.
    CluelessCarrie

Answer by CluelessCarrie at 4:19 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• That's definitely murder.

+If a woman is more than three months pregnant, abortion is against the law. So technically if a woman had an abortion at five months she would be legally murdering, right?
    tinykelsie

Answer by tinykelsie at 4:42 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• Well the bible brings out that if you willingly kill an unborn baby you deserve to die. If its accidential thats diff. Abortion is viewed the same way to god.
    Anonymous

• Murder both ways. And it isn't different for a mom to kill the baby and call it abortion. It is still murder cause the baby didn't choose death for itself.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 6:00 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• I remember hearing on NPR about 8 years ago as I was driving to work that a federal law was passed that stated killing a pregnant woman would now be considered a double homicide (sorry I can't provide more info, but like I said, 8 years ago.... on my way to work.... not enough coffee that day :-) Is there any way we can verify if this federal law was enacted? and if so, it's impact on the OP's question?
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 7:36 PM on Dec. 25, 2008