Did your family end up with any duplicate gifts? If so, what?

We ended up with two coffee makers... But I am excited because one I bought and the other was the one we REALLY wanted :)

What do you do with doubles? Regift? Return? Try to use?

CooksWife

Asked by CooksWife at 4:05 PM on Dec. 25, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Ha,ha..this same thing happened to us last year. "Santa" brought Corey and I a coffee maker but my mother-in-law ended up giving me one of the fancy ones that does everything from cappoccinos to lattes to coffee. I ended up returning the one I bought even though I hate to return things because of my impatience in line. I don't regift, but if it's something you bought for yourself that you don't need now and know someone who could use it, why not?
    smizzell

Answer by smizzell at 4:29 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• We've never regifted before... but this year we will for the first time. today the kids got a very nice musical book that they already have and we are going over to a friends house... they have a little boy and we'll take it for him. There is a whole box of items we were given that we already have or honestly won't use and we will donate them. We're not ungrateful, don't get me wrong... but i'd feel better if someone else actually used the gifts instead of keeping them around here because they were given to us and we feel obligated to do so.
    LoveMyBlessings

Answer by LoveMyBlessings at 4:40 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• YES, and this is very lame. Last year, MIL bought a game for my 8 year old that was more suited for her 3 year old brother, so we gave it to him. It is a counting game. This year, SIL (MIL's dd) bought the same game! This time, she sent it to my 3 year old, but still, wth?

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:58 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• I have no idea what to do with the second game. It's a counting game, too easy for both my kids. Lame.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:00 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• No but my uncle and sister almost bought my son the same exact toy...lol
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 8:44 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• I like to regift. Family got clothes for our baby that are to small and some of my friends are pregnant so I'm going to wait to see if any of them are having a girl and then regift. That way I can give them double what I would have :)
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 11:05 PM on Dec. 25, 2008