Does breastfeeding make your boobs smaller?

I have heard that when you stop breastfeeding your boobs get smaller, is this true? I have heard that they change shape but have never heard of them getting smaller until 2 of my friends breastfed.

misanthropic

Asked by misanthropic at 3:59 PM on Aug. 16, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Mine are a little bigger, but I never got back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I think if I did my boobs would probably be the same size they were back then, too. I know a girl whose boobs got bigger after pregnancy and nursing by a whole cup size. It really just depends on your body. I have also read that any changes in your breasts (sagging, bigger, smaller, etc) are due to the stretching and changes of the actual pregnancy, not the nursing.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:22 PM on Aug. 16, 2011

• they generally go back to the size they were before you were pregnant, in my instance. And I was SO accustomed to them being much bigger- from nursing/pregnancy... :( lol
    2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 4:00 PM on Aug. 16, 2011

• Thanks guys!
    misanthropic

Comment by misanthropic (original poster) at 4:23 PM on Aug. 16, 2011

• I wish! I'm a DD and would love to go back to my high school size of c cup.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 4:31 PM on Aug. 16, 2011

• I was actually kind of afraid of staying bigger! I guess I'm in for a rude awakening huh? I'm normally a 38 c cup but have been forced to get a 38 d cup and I'm only 3 months pregnant!
    misanthropic

Comment by misanthropic (original poster) at 4:38 PM on Aug. 16, 2011

• Most of the changes that occur in your breasts are from pregnancy. My breasts did not change when I stopped nursing.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:02 PM on Aug. 16, 2011

• Mine r about the same as before I was prego
    mommytobee0611

Answer by mommytobee0611 at 11:05 PM on Aug. 16, 2011

• Mine are same and went back to being small just like before i got pregnant. While breastfeeding i went up 2 cup sizes.
    Nicollea

Answer by Nicollea at 1:00 AM on Aug. 17, 2011

• In my family, you get bigger and stay that way. It's the genetic template, and I wound up with it too even though I'm adopted!

Look at the women who've birthed in your family. They're your template. CHILDBIRTH did it, not the breastfeeding.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:43 AM on Aug. 17, 2011