losing your plug?

I was reading the question below and I feel like an idiot. Is it when your water breaks?

lisacieslak

Asked by lisacieslak at 4:22 PM on Dec. 25, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Don't feel like an idiot! You wouldn't know unless it happens right? :) Loosing your plug is the mucus that comes out before labor (so not correct "terminology", sorry!) If your water breaks, you are having that baby! But your mucus plug can come out well before labor begins.

CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 4:36 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• This is my second child, I have an 8 year old at home. I don't remember any of this. Isn't that crazy!
    lisacieslak

Answer by lisacieslak at 5:02 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• No :) Not crazy at all. My children are only 16 months apart and I am preggo with number three: I will have 3 kids in 31 months and STILL there are things that I had forgotten! Hang in there :) And when in doubt, ask! There's no dumb question when it comes to your body or children :)
    CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 5:56 PM on Dec. 25, 2008