Whats the best way to get rid of...

lice,? one of my girls has had it for a while.. i feel so bad that we cannot NOT get rid of it, Ive tried the Rid Ive tried baby oil conditioner ive tryed ALOT of things but nothing seems to work,,but of course i buy a didfrent comb each time and spray n wash EVRYthing please if theres any ideas let me kow

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:43 PM on Dec. 25, 2008 in General Parenting

• You may have to get an exterminator into your home to spray, sounds like they have made a temporary home in the cracks. I would check too , if your daughter is in school, if there are other kids who have it, they may be passing it back and forth and until everyone is on the same page nothing will change.
    KelleyM

Answer by KelleyM at 4:52 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• You don't need an exterminator, jsut to do the right things. First you must wash and spray everything in your house. Must use hot water and overdry everything that can be washed. Put anything in a garbage bag that you can live without for 45 days. Tie them off and make them airtight. Then you need to treat everyone whether they have it or not. Then you need to denit the hair of all of you. I mean sit and pick the eggs out of the hair. This is what we finally resorted to when I was a kid and working somewhere where I picked it up and couldn't get rid of it for 8 months. Finally it was gone. If you have any questions just message me. I would be happy to help with any thing that you need. Good Luck I know that it is a pain the rear end.
    coala

Answer by coala at 6:46 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• Also make sure her friends don't have it or you are defeating yourself. Make sure that she isn't sharing clothes or hair stuff at school.
    coala

Answer by coala at 6:48 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• Coala is correct. I had lice when I taught Kindergarten and it was a lot of work to get it gone. After lice out home was clean as a model home.
    mom2boys1997

Answer by mom2boys1997 at 7:51 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• Don't forget your car and carseats.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 10:21 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• I have a co-worker that has # 3 girls that got head lic, and clamed to use Mirical whip in there hair to kill the lic
    mothersdaygift

Answer by mothersdaygift at 11:31 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• OK! forget EVERYTHING you just read. Here is the real deal on lice. Don't waste your money and torture yourself and kids with store bought or food remidies. They don't work..nor does coloring your hair. Clean your house well once and concentrate on heads. Call the doctor and tell them you have used everything and nothing is working. If your kids have thick hair as does one of mine then you will need prescription strength medicine. Ask them for Ovide...this is serious stuff..stinks to high heaven...but nothing lives through this stuff. I hope you have insurance because it is $275.00 a bottle. It works. I had one daughter who had it one time and we tried everything...finally they gave her ovide. Makes sure you wash coats and bedding and even vacume your car. Good luck.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:44 PM on Dec. 26, 2008