DOES ANY ONE ELSE HAVE FAMILY THEY ARE NOT ON GOOD TERMS WITH DURING THE HOLIDAYS IF SO DOES IT BOTHER YOU?

beauswife4

Asked by beauswife4 at 4:49 PM on Dec. 25, 2008 in Relationships

• Yes, that is why I only celebrate the holidays with my immediate family. My girls and my husband. That's it! I don't see a need or reason to drive hours away to see family that don't really want to see me or vice versa.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 5:12 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• If you do I would squash it your are being stupid. I spent the christmas holidays in the hospital with a son who is 2 with cancer, and I would have died to have been with my family. Maybe you need to grow up and remember what is really important. Not trying to be harsh but when you have been through what I have been through you realize what is really important in life. Family, and friends, but mostly family.
    lolagirlkoch

Answer by lolagirlkoch at 5:56 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• I understand what you're saying. I have a sister who cussed out my two daughters, one last year and one this year. They ran into her in public and that's how she treated them, so I haven't seen her in a while. I have another sister whose son s#ually abused my niece (another sister's daughter) and she defended him, even when I told her he had tried to approach my dd as well. I just can't spend time with these people, but it makes me sad still.
    Anonymous

• my inlaws owe me an apology for being racist and disrespectful to me until they do they wont see our son at all! he is a part of me too!
    so i dont care we r not there..
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 6:34 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• Yes. And ever though it bothers me, I realize they are sick, toxic people. Why would I want that in my life? My mother nor father has never acknowledgeed their only Granddaughter. Their choice, later to be their regret.

Not every family is worth spending time with. If yours is toxic or have substance abuse problems, avoid them. Happy Holidays.
    Anonymous

• I wish I didn't have to spend the holidays with my SIL. All she does is complain about how much she spent on us and how LITTLE we spent on her. I was looking forward to spending the day with my husband's friend and his wife, just the 2 families, but guess who invited herself along. I realize she'll be all alone but how can she just invite herself over? Her other friends were important enough to her to skip out on my daughter's 1st birthday so she can go over there for Christmas too.
    Selfish, money hungry c**t. I hate the holiday season.
    fmchavez

Answer by fmchavez at 6:55 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• Then why go to your SIL's?

Anonymous

• it does bother me that i dont have contact with my mom, but i'm not as stressed out as when she is in my life playing her mind games and trying to give me her guilt trips because she thinks that i'm not a good enough daughter.
    Anonymous

• I don't see any of my family ever and it doesn't bother me. I dealt with them for too many years mentally abusing me, making fun of me and generally being a-holes. So I told them until they can apologize and be real family to forget ever seeing me again. You have to do what is best for YOU!!!
    emtmomma08

Answer by emtmomma08 at 7:30 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• Yes. I always dread seeing my in-laws. My FIL and I get along okay, but his (3rd) wife is a BITCH and a half. (DH's mom died a few months after he and I met.) We're leaving to see everyone tomorrow (several hours' drive) and are supposed to see them last (they're the furthest away), but we just got word that her sister is terminal and can go at any time. As much as I can't stand the woman, I'm sorry she's losing her sister. We may not see them due to that.
    LIZARD66

Answer by LIZARD66 at 7:36 PM on Dec. 25, 2008