2 questions,had a brain freeze ;p

first one is,well when i went to my appoitnment the lady said that once i have contractions i have to call the clinic first not go to the hospital...did you guys do that?? im not saying im not going to just wanted to see if once some woman finished having contractions or started did they go straigh to the hospital?
and 2nd is where i had my brain freeze lol i completly forgot...do you have contractions first or does your water break first?

misty91

Asked by misty91 at 5:30 PM on Dec. 25, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i had contractions n went straight to the E-room was n labor 51/2 hrs. they broke my water...
    TN-FOOR

Answer by TN-FOOR at 5:34 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• My clinic had me call first. They wanted to ensure everything was ready to roll before actually sending me to the hosiptal. They believed early labor is better where mom is most comfortable.
    I had contractions first. They broke my water at the hospital went it wasn't breaking itself.
    The clinic I'm with now will have me call also only so that they get the helicopter here in time if I go before the induction. I'm high risk though and the drive to nearest hospital that can handle my problems is 2 hrs.
    Anonymous

• My water broke--and when I got to Triage I wasn't dilated yet.
    coala

Answer by coala at 6:13 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• i always call my dr first and he tells me if he wants me to go in or not.and not everybody's water breaks;they broke mine for both my kids;they'll probably break it for this one.i always went in with contractions.
    Jayzwife

Answer by Jayzwife at 12:58 AM on Dec. 26, 2008