How long does it take to get a job with a local school district?

will take any advice. I live in sc if that helps, and I also know they have to do a backgroung check. Wonder if they do that before they call you? --Probably do I don't know. How long after doing the application should I call and check on my application? Thanks inadvance for all your comments

kina803

Asked by kina803 at 6:36 PM on Aug. 16, 2011 in Money & Work

• I really do not think they are hiring right now, with the budget cuts, but if you have applied they do the background check before they call if there are any openings...I would wait a few weeks before calling...

Answer by older at 6:39 PM on Aug. 16, 2011

• in my county there are plenty of positions open
    kina803

Comment by kina803 (original poster) at 6:41 PM on Aug. 16, 2011

• I would follow up with a phone call after a week to 10 days. Don't let it go too long.
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 7:43 PM on Aug. 16, 2011

• Has school started yet? Most schools will put job openings in hopes that they will have a higher enrollment than they expected and will be able to hire new staff. Sometimes they will get to and sometimes they don't. 10 days after school has started they turn in their numbers and based off of this, is how many they will get to hire or in some cases lay off. Also, I had to do my background check after I was hired but the job offer was dependent on the results of the background check.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:49 PM on Aug. 16, 2011