hiccupss....(how many times?)

how many times did your baby have the hiccups??? in only like 2 months my baby had the hiccups about 22 times..im 31 weeks pregnant..what causes the baby to have hiccups?

misty91

Asked by misty91 at 5:47 PM on Dec. 25, 2008 in Pregnancy

• :) My first son had hiccups every day... sometimes twice. And after he was born: It was the exact same for the first couple weeks!
    CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 5:54 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• It's not really known what causes hiccups. But they do strengthen the diaphram, which makes it easier to breathe once she's born.

Does she seem to mind them? I knew long before my daughter was born that she HATED the hiccups. She would thrash and kick every time she got them. After she was born, she thrashed, kicked, and screamed. Every baby book out there will tell you to not worry about the hiccups, that they don't bother the baby. Well, like everything else, all babies are differenent. How could I ignore my baby's obvious extreme distress? After trying every remedy suggested by anyone, I found that Gripe Water worked like a charm.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 6:04 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• i would say mostly every time i feed him. then about 1-2 times a week
    TN-FOOR

Answer by TN-FOOR at 6:05 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• I agree with cookswife. My daughter never had them...not once. I was bummed because I never got to experience it. My son had them at least once a day. My DH would laugh at my belly jumping around. By the time he was born I was so glad it was over! LOL! My poor belly was so tired from it. He got the hiccups a couple times a day for the first few weeks, too.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 9:26 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• my baby gets them a lot.as to what causes them;when the baby swallows amniotic fluid it causes hiccups.if you're a first time mom you probably won't feel em;this is baby number three and i never felt them with my other two.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Dec. 26, 2008