• In the Spotlight:

lots and lots of cervical mucus....?

i am on cycle day 23 and i am 8 days past ovulation. the last two days i have been having an increase in cervical mucus. today is the worst to date. i can feel it coming out and when i wipe its all over the toilet paper. this morning i was so wet i thought i started and made a HUGE mess....nope, just cm.

my question is....is this a sign of AF getting ready to show (she should be here in 5 days) or is this an early sign of pregnancy.

i have also been having slight mild cramping along with some lightheadedness! i just don'tknow what to think and i am trying to hold off on testing until AF is late. i was just curious! PLEASE HELP!

sarahkaystone

Asked by sarahkaystone at 6:12 PM on Dec. 25, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• You've got a 50-50 chance, I'm afraid! It could be EITHER. I get more CM before my period, and had NONE when I got pregnant. I "dried up: upon conception.

But there are many women who are exactly opposite.

Only way to be certain is to test.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:20 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• One more thing...if you're NOT...go to the bookstore and pick up a coipy of Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Wechsler. No more guessing...you'll KNOW.

• Are you sure you are 8dpo? You could just now be ovulating.
    lisab7982

Answer by lisab7982 at 9:19 AM on Dec. 26, 2008