Does anyone live near Denver?

I will be visiting my son there next month and need suggestions on what to do. ( I don't ski)

evelyngayle

Asked by evelyngayle at 6:29 PM on Dec. 25, 2008 in Travel

• Go to Casa Bonita for lunch! It's on Colfax....the food is so-so but the atmosphere is amazing. It's like a mexican village inside and they even have entertainment like divers that dive off of a waterfall and stuff.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 10:19 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• My boyfriend is fomr CO and he says if you like to gamble go to Blackhawk
    emtmommyamanda

Answer by emtmommyamanda at 6:34 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• Sorry he came back with more mile high step which is apparently a mile above sea level and the capital building
    emtmommyamanda

Answer by emtmommyamanda at 6:35 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• I used to live there! Oh, you are so lucky! I love Denver. Things to do downtown: the aquarium, the art museum is very kid friendly, the zoo, the Museum of Nature and Science, and the 16th Street Mall (if it is warm enough, it is an outside mall with trolleys). They also have a children's museum but I haven't ever been. Have fun!

jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 7:00 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• Casa Bonita is a fun place to go. The foods not so great, but they have cliff divers!

You can check out the Denver Mint. See how money is made.

The zoo is pretty good.

Rocky Mountain National Park is a little ways outside Denver, but beautiful!

On a side note. Watch out for the altitude. Drink more water than you think you'll need so you don't get sick!
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 9:33 PM on Dec. 27, 2008