How can I stay on a diet until I reach my goal?

evelyngayle

Asked by evelyngayle at 6:30 PM on Dec. 25, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• Um...stay on a diet UNTIL? Dieting or really changing your eating habits can't be a short term thing if you want to lose your weight - its really about lifestyle change....and thats how you stay on it...by making this a lifestyle change.

The best thing to do is make sure you are eating enough fruits and greens to help combat cravings.

Also I would write down you decisions/goals - be specific - and look at them every morning to refresh you for each day. This will help you stay focused.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 11:54 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I would suggest one day a week to allow yourself something you like and a sweet treat.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 4:33 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• The answers above are great. I would add support of any kind also. Maybe a friend to do the lifestyle change with you. Someone to walk with. Movement is so good for your body. You can also go to forums Sparkpeople is a good one.
    CharityS

Answer by CharityS at 9:56 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• girl.. keep looking in the mirror, go to the store get a new shirt, or dress. motivate yourself by encouraging yourself with positive thougths. keep reading fitness websites, books, stories. Good luck
    Anonymous

• my advice would be never to diet. You must change you eating habits. fix yourself a plate of food then take away half of it, eat the cake but only 1/2 of what yo really want. Park far away from the store entrance and walk further, walk way to go 10 minutes a day switch from whole to 2% or even skim if you can handle skim milk. Eventually you won't have to think take away half you just will make smaller plates ,these simple changes are lifestyle changes and will become habits, and will work over time. just hang in there.

combster

Answer by combster at 11:16 PM on Dec. 27, 2008