What type of drugstore hair color lasts for a while?

My gray is showing a week after I color with Loreal, Revlon and Clairol?

evelyngayle

Asked by evelyngayle at 6:33 PM on Dec. 25, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• The best hair color that I have ever used is Perfect 10! It costs about $12 at Walmart & it lasts for a very long time. It comes with a months worth of conditioner. It makes your hair very shiney.
    Dillsboro

Answer by Dillsboro at 10:19 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Great question. I want to know, too.
    Tetona

Answer by Tetona at 7:03 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• L'Oreal Feria
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 7:37 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• You are not going to find a drugstore color that will stay. It all has to do with the volume of peroxide. All box color kits come with 20 volume peroxide.
    When I cover my gray hair I have to use 10 volume peroxide or the color washes out within a week.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 8:22 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• I like Nice and Easy by Clairol I also use a shampoo that works with color treated hair it buys you at least 2 wks more of natural looking hair, If you only need to your roots, use the same brand only for roots that is just as good instead of doing the whole head.( It only takes 10 to 15 minutes depends how stubborn your gray is) Try to wash your hair every other day and when washing and rinsing (especially rinsing) with cool water that helps alot too. (keeping the color to last longer)
    I have also try this lipstick looking thing I bought this at Sally's Beauty Supply anyway when I need a quick touchup for the day atleast I dab this on my roots (temples, sides mainly) and walah!
    but it washes out as soonas u wash ur hair. Oh! try using ur mascara (waterproof) I use black I have dark brown hair, that works wonders too. Hope one of these help. Merry Xmas
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:00 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• Are the colors on the box really a true color of what you will get in the end??? I have never used the stuff (yet!)
    mothersdaygift

Answer by mothersdaygift at 1:53 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• no, the colors are not always true. there are many factors to consider when coloring your hair. % of gray, previous chemical still in hair,how light/dark you want. permanent or semi...its not as simple as choosing the cute girl on the box that you want to emulate. that's why its never a good idea to do it yourself, when you have questions. seek a known-professional, get it done, and ask how to maintain it yourself at home, if saving money is an option. most colorists will give you proper tips, as none of us want to redo something you screwed up. its not profitable.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 3:39 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I have used Revlon Colorsilk for years. It is about $2.99 at Target. I shampoo with Pureology and use Pureology conditioner. While I may scrimp on the color, the shampoo/conditioner is expensive. However, the Pureology line is really, really concentrated so it lasts a crazy long time for me. I have Halle Berry short hair. Also, the Revlon Colorsilk is strong enough to cover the few greys I have while still lasting a long time - no brassy orange either.
    Wanda514

Answer by Wanda514 at 10:43 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• i have switched to the feria too, i am getting alot of gray now, and it does well, just is lighter than what the other loreal shades are i think but so shiny and not stinky.
    driftwood

Answer by driftwood at 7:44 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Garnia lol not sure how its spelled nut anyways i have very fast growing hair and i only have to color it every 6 months or so
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 11:38 PM on Dec. 31, 2008