When can I soak in a hot bath after delivery?

I gave birth NATURALLY on July 17th .. right at 1 month ago tomorrow.. didnt tear or have to be cut.. so no stitches.. is it safe to soak in the tub yet?? kinda hoping to take a bath tonight.. ment to call my dr. today but forgot about it.. with 3 kids and hubby being offshore its kinda easy to forget about ME lol

texasrobin82

Asked by texasrobin82 at 8:41 PM on Aug. 16, 2011 in Health

• you're good to go

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:43 PM on Aug. 16, 2011

• Go right ahead - but do NOT put anything in the water and rinse well when you're done. Enjoy!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 PM on Aug. 16, 2011

• thanks ladies.. so glad I got answers so quickly lol I am excited.. =) we just moved into a new house and I have no been able to use my big new tub.. so I am totally gonna indulge myself now that i know its ok. lol
    texasrobin82

Comment by texasrobin82 (original poster) at 8:45 PM on Aug. 16, 2011

• Now.

Answer by louise2 at 8:51 PM on Aug. 16, 2011

• I was soaking in the bathtub about 2 days after giving birth. I had quite the episiotomy and more stitches than I care to know about. The warm water felt SO good to me. I've never heard that you can't get a bath after birth- some women give birth IN the bathtub!
    momtolittleg

Answer by momtolittleg at 9:21 PM on Aug. 16, 2011

• I had a bath in the hospital the day after I gave birth. 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:36 PM on Aug. 16, 2011