i need some help . is there a possibility im still pregnant after negative hpt.

i still havent got my period since august 22 i spotted on 9/21. 9 days before my period and since then nothing i dnt know whats going on please help i havent been under stress i thought that was it at first but no and i took a pregnancy test in november and it was negative waiting to go to the drs.but sometimes i get very sharp pains and i feel buttterflys and headaches and sometimes my breast tingle but not sure if its pregnancy any help.

yola72407

Asked by yola72407 at 7:08 PM on Dec. 25, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• I'm sorry sweetie but it sounds like pms to me..I am not a doc tho. I hope u get your dream baby soon.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 7:12 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• With your period gone that long you need to see a doctor. You could be pregnant if you are just a low hcg producer. My levels on a blood test were fine but they didn't pass into my urine enough to get a positive until my period was 2 weeks late. A friend of mine never got a positive by a urine test.

Go to the doctor. Like last month.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 7:20 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• Are you normally very regular? You could be pregnant no matter what a hpt says. The best thing is to go to the doctor. They can do a blood test that is much more conclusive or an ultrasound. I hope you get the outcome you are looking for!

CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 7:25 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• I was like 6 or 7 wks before a hpt said I was preg.Maybe you are but you really need to see a doc cuz if your not you still need to see whats goin on.Have you been on any kind of bc or hormones cuz they can mess with your period like that?
    Anonymous

• when i was pregnant with my son every test came out negative until he was already 3 mos.
    britbratlgp

Answer by britbratlgp at 7:46 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• Urine Hcg's are notoriously wrong early on in a pregnancy! A positive result is 100% positive, yet only around 50% of negatives are actually negative. I am not familiar with your case, but I would definitely have a serum (blood) quantitative Hcg performed in order to verify hormone levels. Good Luck!!!smile mini

tessk.

Answer by tessk. at 8:49 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• It is possible to have a false negative but it's pretty rare to have a false positive. You could be pregnant I say it's best to go with your gut. If you know your body you should be able to tell but definitely go to the doctor to find out for sure.
    Sherry1203

Answer by Sherry1203 at 10:55 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• Go to your gynecologist and get a blood test done, it will check your hormone levels. You could be pregnant or have a change in your hormones causing you not to have your period. Good luck. Merry Christmas!
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 11:25 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• My lmp was 8/24, so you would be as far along as I am. I'm 17.5 weeks pregnant. Well, if you are wanting to be pregnant, I hope that you are!
    GreekMama28

• I think if you were pregnant you would surely be able to tell by now. you'd be like 18 weeks! they do ultrasound between 18-20 weeks & can tellyou what sex it is. have you gained weight? I would suspect something else if you keep getting neg. tests this long.
    Anonymous