Should gay's and lesbians have children?

I want to see other's opinions on whether or not Homosexuals should have children. I am bi and it has done no harm on my kids. I think it should be legal. Sexuality has nothing to do with raising a child

Krysta69

Asked by Krysta69 at 7:23 PM on Dec. 25, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• My little brother is gay and he is going to make a great father someday! If sexuality was the key to good parenting life would be a lot easier.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 7:25 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• its legal where im living. and thats totally normal for me. has nothing to do with your sexual orientation if you are a good parent or not.

a good friend of mine is lesbian. her girlfriend was with a guys years ago and she has a daughter. the daughter now lives with my good friend and her girlfriend. and they are perfect parents.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 7:27 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• I don't think sexuality has to do with raising a child. But I do believe that men and women make good partners in parenting for a reason. Children need an example of both genders imo. That is not to say that the must both be in the home for them to get it, kwim? You and your so could have a child and a male mentor that you trust for them too. I do believe there are ideal situations for raising a child, but certainly those situations don't guarantee a good upbringing. Just because you don't have the traditional situation doesn't mean it can't work out very well... I do think it is possible that it would be a little harder and different than other situations, but certainly doable :)

CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 7:29 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• I dont care what someone does with their life, and their lifestyle choice, as long as it doesnt interfere with my own life and how I raise my kids I can care less. That being said as long as I am not having to have my child read books about why someone has two mommys they can do what they want. I will wait for whatever research studies are currently underway to have a real opinion on what impact same sex parents might have on their children.
    Anonymous

• im bi to i see nothing wrong with really
    Anonymous

• Are you gay and or a lesbian? If not, why would you care?
    Anonymous

• i am 90% straight (only 90 cause i'm curious, but never done anything), and i think who you want to have sex with doesn't make you a bad parent (unless they're really not the type of person that should be around kids anyways male or female), i also think homosexual couples with kids should have good friends of the oppsite sex so they're kids still have that strong influence in they're lives
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 9:16 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• kids is ok marriage different story!
    Anonymous

• I support all gay rights. I don't think what you do in your bedroom has anything to do with your parenting. I believe that any loving adult couple is capable of being parents. The idea that homosexual couples will damage their kids has been debunked repeatedly. Divorce is more traumatic to children then being raised by a loving same sex couple. They already have done studies on it.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 10:04 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• i see nothing wrong with it.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:19 PM on Dec. 25, 2008