I just picked up my cat and now...?

I feel so itchy, I can not b allergic to her I have had cats in the past and I don't remember I had this problem unless I somehow ignored it...:)
But what are more of the symtoms of allergy to cats. I would hate to get rid of her.
I have had her for 5 yrs.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:08 PM on Dec. 25, 2008 in Pets

• Itchy, puffy red itchy eyes, runny itchy nose. Allergies can pop up out of nowhere, but it's more likely she got into something you're allergic to. Try giving her a bath and see if that helps.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 8:10 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• I knew a lady who broke out in little bumps, and others who sneeze, but never an itchy reaction. I hope you are OK.

Answer by Bmat at 8:11 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• Girl, I am soooo allergic to cats. I actually allergic to all animals. But I dearly love dogs and yes, I have one, hence my name! LOL! However, I have to wash my hands everytime I pet or play with him. Make sure you never itch your eyes before washing your hands.. that is the worst! If you are not allergic to the cat, maybe it's something he has on him.. has he had a bath lately? Flea treatment? Has he gotten into anything different in your home?
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 8:17 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• You can become allergic to anything at any age...it just happens.

Like others have said, red itchy eyes, hives, sneezing, etc. Talk to your vet about allergies to cats. They might have a special shampoo you can use or maybe some other suggestions to reducing the symptoms.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 8:24 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• Maybe you just had some fur left on you that is itching you, like when you get a haircut and the little hairs that fall on you make you itch.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 10:23 PM on Dec. 25, 2008