What should my boyfriend do? He has a 11 month old daughter that his ex doesnt let him see ever unless he goes to her house.

saramiller

Asked by saramiller at 8:12 PM on Dec. 25, 2008 in General Parenting

• Is there a reason she won't let him see the baby unsupervised? If there is a court order for the same, he can't do much about it. If there isn't, then he needs to see an attorney.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 8:15 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• Well that doesnt seem fair, maybe she has a problem leaving her with him. There are always two sides to the story. Regardless that is his daughter she can not deny him his child. Soon he will probably start to pay child support and he will have to see her with out the mom. Then again the baby is only 11 mths. that is too soon to detach from a child...ooh touchy subject.
    Anonymous

• My husband has the same issue and his kid is almost 13 years old. She despises me but has never met me nor talked to me before. She thinks I'm evil and will treat her child like he's a nobody, which is SO untrue!

A lawyer would be a good idea. He could even just speak for himself without the lawyer. Anyone will tell you (as long as he's never hurt her or is some pedofile) that he has the RIGHT to see his child. It doesn't have to be according to her terms.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 8:22 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• My 10 months old's Dad has court ordered supervised visits until my child is three.. if they don't have this order in place then he should go to the local Attny General and file for a custody order. Unless she has a legit reason for NOT allowing visitation they should at least award him some daytime unsupervised visits. He may even be able to find free or low cost representation through the Attny General. My ex and I never saw a court room we resolved everything in the office mediation meeting.
    AMsMommy212

Answer by AMsMommy212 at 11:31 AM on Dec. 26, 2008