Would you throw this away?

I have a package of vanilla pudding I wanted to make but I looked at the expiration and it was from back in May. I didn't think pudding went bad so fast...would you throw it out?

ReneeK3

Asked by ReneeK3 at 8:18 PM on Dec. 25, 2008 in Food & Drink

• Yes. I never use anything after the expiration date. Some of that type of stuff can get little worms in it.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 8:19 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• It being just 6 months ago and it looks and smell ok go for it. It has been package pretty tight.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 8:20 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• I would toss it.
    PurpleDawn

Answer by PurpleDawn at 8:21 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• Powdered stuff I might use a month or two after the date, but after than I'd toss it. When in doubt thow it out.

Answer by Bmat at 8:23 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• Poo, that sucks. I have this really big sweet tooth tonight and it's the only sugary thing I've got in the house at the moment :(

Thanks ladies, I'm tossing it!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 8:25 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• I hate when that happens!!
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 8:58 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• Well, on the good side of things, vanilla pudding packages are cheap to replace. Personally, I'd make that a judgement call. Now, if it expired in, say, 1987, I think I'd worry.
    Shamanmom

Answer by Shamanmom at 2:04 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I would use it.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 1:38 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I'd use it.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 9:58 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I wouldnt use it. I got an email recently about a mother who made expired cake from a box. Apparently, the yeast inside of it started growing mold spores. Her son ended up extremely sick and needed a trip to the er. There was a link to the "proof" on snopes. So . . . yah. I would throw it away.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 4:05 PM on Dec. 27, 2008