Does having sex at a young age hurt you somehow?

What I mean is, does it affect your hormones, emotions, and physical body somehow? By young I mean 13-15 or so. I am just wondering because I was abused at 13 and became sexually active after that. Now, I have issues emotionally, physically, and mentally and am wondering if it had to do with that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:11 PM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Health

• i think that the abuse is damaging, not the sex itself....also, with abuse, the sex tends to be more physically damaging to your body becuase it tends to be rougher and not stop when it hurts...so you may have some physical damage and scarring as well...i have had clients before that had serious tissue damage from sexual abuse...these girls also had a tremendous amount of psychological damage from the abuse as well....i would check with a gyno and a good therapist
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 7:51 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I have feeling that in your case it has to do more with the fact that you were abused vs. the young age. That doesn't mean that it doesn't effect young people I believe it does.... But the abuse is also effecting you....
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 5:26 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I feel like it does have a lot to do with it. For one thing, being abused in this way involves the body mind and soul. Seeing sex in the right frame of mind is key! God created sex to make a husband and wife one and to bring intamacy to the marrage. It should always be fun and loving never forced or dreaded. Whenever you are seeing sex in this way it is harmful and not helpful. It is supposed to be a symbol and an acting out of your love to each other. A literal giving of each other to bring joy to your spouse! This is what was intended and nothin less!
    GarlicMom

Answer by GarlicMom at 6:41 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• DON'T USE SEX THAT WAY BEING ABUSED IS BAD ENOUGH YOU NEED TO SEEK HELP.
    YOU DON'T WANT TO CATCH ANYTHING DO YOU?THE LADY ABOVE SAID IT BEST!
    Anonymous

• Yes all of that has to do with who you are, and in my opinion stop being sexually active until you can get all this resolved.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 11:35 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• If you have not already gone to counseling, PLEASE GO.
    ajjc775

Answer by ajjc775 at 11:38 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I didn't mention that I am over 30 now. This happened when I was younger. I was just curious as to whether or not having sex at that age may have caused some of the issues I am having now. I have been married for over 10 years and stopped being sexually active when I was 15...Thank God and my Grandparent's for taking me in. I appreciate everyone's concern and thank you for your answers.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:03 AM on Jul. 15, 2008